Tuesday 13 April 2010

£815 per Week

I would love to get paid £815 per week.

I have 2 jobs. I work my arse off to keep a roof over my family's head to keep them fed and warm, but I barely take home £1150 per month, and today I read this;

Why work when I can get £42,000 in benefits a year AND drive a Mercedes?

An extract

The Davey family's £815-a-week state handouts pay for a four-bedroom home, top-of-the-range mod cons and two vehicles including a Mercedes people carrier.

Father-of-seven Peter gave up work because he could make more living on benefits.


Yet he and his wife Claire are still not happy with their lot.

With an eighth child on the way, they are demanding a bigger house, courtesy of the taxpayer.


Apart from about 4 months in the early 90s I have always been employed, hell I even had a paper round when I was a kid.

I work hard to try and get a good wage, but when I read an article like the above I get angry and depressed because my family and I could earn a lot more on benefits than in employment, but my father gave me a strong work ethic and I have always believed in paying my own way in life.

To all the hard working people out there who are struggling in the current financial climate, If you read the following you may explode with anger;

'It's really hard,' said Mrs Davey, 29, who is seven months pregnant. 'We can't afford holidays and I don't want my kids living on a council estate and struggling like I have.

'The price of living is going up but benefits are going down. My carer's allowance is only going up by 80p this year and petrol is so expensive now, I'm worried how we'll cope.

'We're still waiting for somewhere bigger.'

Mrs Davey has never had a full-time job while her 35-year-old husband gave up his post in administration nine years ago after realising they would be better off living off the state.

I have an idea for the wife, stop having babies.

I have another idea, if someone gives up his job just to go on benefits then that person shouldn't get any benefits.

How many people in this country are doing the same thing as the Davey family?

How much money are these people, in my opinion fraudulently, getting money from the working taxpayer?


Is there any wonder why this country is in so much debt when the taxpayer is paying for people like the Davey family

No comments: