Tuesday 11 May 2010

A new Government

Well David Cameron is now Prime Minister.

A coalition government hasn't been seen in a long time, and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It will be a bumpy road, but I hope all in government will do what's right for the country and not what's right for their own party.

There is a lot of pain on it's way, due to our debt and deficit, but I hope the country comes through it stronger.

My father installed in me a great sense of pride in this country, but over the last few years this country hasn't had much to be proud of.

The country is in a big hole and it's going to take sacrifices from everyone to get us through it.

The situation we are in reminds me of a quote by President John F Kennedy in his inaugural speech.
'Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.'
I believe that we must look at that quote and do what we can to help this country through these difficult times.

There are a few people who have used the benefits system to get money for doing nothing, while the taxpayers of this country work their arses off to keep them in a better life than those who work for a living. They must be shown that that lifestyle is now over, and that they must man up and earn their money.

That is an example of my thinking when I look at that quote.

Some might say I'm being naive, but I want to be optimistic and have hope in this country, and for the future of this country.

No comments: